Some of our Race customers require Underground Conduit Placement in order to run fiber-optic to the home. We at Race want to ensure that our customers have the information they need to make this a smooth process and have provided the following specifications to help. The homeowner/developer/contractor is responsible for providing and adhering to the following underground requirements set by Race.
Remember that you can always call us at 877-722-3833 for any assistance.
- RACE needs to submit permit to Pole Owner and permit approved before any of these specifications can be executed.
- Prior to the installation of any conduit, a RACE Communications Field Engineer will need to be scheduled to verify conduit route, pole conduit stub out, and home stub out.
- A RACE Communications Field Engineer will need to be scheduled for conduit inspection before trench fill. Two days advance notice must be provided prior to conduit inspection, with a three day inspection window.
- It is the homeowner / developer / contractor’s responsibility to contact “Call Before You Dig” prior to any excavation.
- It is the homeowner / developer / contractor’s responsibility to contact local building department for any permitting requirements.
- RACE Communications will reserve the right to refuse fiber installation if any of these specifications are not met.
- A scaled print of the project showing the lot layout. To be reviewed with RACE Communications Field Engineer.
- Any conduit run under 250’ will require 3/4 inch Schedule 40 PVC conduit.*
- For any run between 251’ and 400’, it will require a 3/4 inch Schedule 40 PVC conduit with a pull box.*
- Any conduit run over 400’ will require a pull box location.
- All conduits, sweeps, and couplers will be glued with PVC cement.
- Sweeps are to be utilized at any splice location, riser pole, or structure. No Hard 90 degree bends to be used. A maximum of 3 sweeps in conduit run.
- All conduit runs to have ¼” nylon pull rope installed within it. Both ends of rope should be secured to outside of conduit and accessible.
- Conduit at pole location will need to be stubbed up 2’ minimum.
- Conduit at structure location will need to be stubbed up 4’ minimum.
- Conduit install depth on private property is 12 – 18 inches. Please contact local building department for required private property depth based on county specifications.
- *note: you will not be able to run additional wires or cables in the same conduit should you use a 3/4 inch conduit. Underground Conduit Placement Specifications
Race Communications has made a move to “Go Green” with our new paperless billing option for customers. Race customers who choose this option can continue to pay their bills via phone, mail or through our customer web portal. You can also set up auto-pay for your monthly billing cycle.
We are excited about bringing you the best fiber-based internet and customer service around today. We’ve come up with a quick How To Guide so you can access and manage your account. You can also view our “How To” Video on YouTube.
TIP 1: LOGIN TO YOUR RACE ACCOUNT – You can access your customer dashboard at www.race.com. Click on Sign In and you will be prompted to enter your Race Client ID and Password. Your Race Client ID should be your account number.
TIP 2: PAPERLESS BILLING – Instead of receiving your bill in the mail, you can choose our paperless option and receive your bill via email. You still have the option of paying your bill via phone, mail or auto-pay. The transition to go paperless is simple. You can access your customer dashboard by signing in to your account at race.com. Your customer dashboard will give you the option to SWITCH NOW to paperless billing.
TIP 3: UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS – To update your email, click the BILLS & PAYMENT tab, then click Billing Options in the TOOLBOX. Enter your email in the box provided and click Add Email. You can also click Delete to remove an email from your list.
TIP 4: UPDATE MAILING ADDRESS – To update your billing address click on the ACCOUNT SETTING tab. Enter your updated information in the designated space, then click the Change button.
TIP 5: SET UP AUTO-PAY – To automate your monthly payments click on the BILLS & PAYMENT tab, then click Billing Options in the TOOLBOX. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ADD NEW CARD. Enter your credit card information and check the Use this Credit Card for repeat payments box, then click the Add Card button.
If you have any questions please call one of our Race Team members at 877-722-3833.
Residents of the Phelan, Piñon Hills and Oak Hills areas of San Bernardino County were in attendance for the 2nd “Gigafy Phelan” Town Hall as Race Communications rolled out it’s Race Gigathon, where residents can win prizes including 1 year of FREE internet service from Race.
Race has purchased property in the Phelan area as part of their project to service over 10,000 households with fiber to the home. Currently, engineers are testing utility poles and performing land surveys to assist with the final designs of Race’s Fiber network. Race announced that the project in Phelan will be divided into zones which will be announced at a later time.
The announcement of the Race Gigathon was received with much fanfare. Those in attendance participated in the #RELAY portion of the Gigathon by asking questions to Race Team members. Race raffled off 1 FREE month of Race Internet while one lucky winner will win 1 year of FREE internet at the finish of the Gigathon. Instructions on how to play and enter into the Gigathon are available at https://www.race.com/gigathon.
Gigafy Phelan Town Hall:
Race will hold their next town hall on January 20th with the time and location still to be determined. Make sure you are receiving our project updates by filling out our Inquiry Form. Share with your neighbors and friends so they can receive updates as well.
Check out our Race Communications YouTube Channel
Race Communications has been working tirelessly to provide fiber-to-the-home internet service to the outlying areas of Tehachapi, CA for the past two years, and is now live in the communities of Stallion Springs, Oak Knolls, Cummings Valley and Bear Valley Springs. Race continues to add new customers and is expanding into the Central Valley and parts of Southern California. In July 2017, Race Communications was awarded their newest grant, bringing another 7,600 homes in the Phelan, CA (San Bernardino County) area into the future of fiber-based internet. The company’s tremendous success in Tehachapi and the future expansion in Central and Southern California has provided the need to expand Race’s workforce.
As such, Race Communications is looking to open an office in Tehachapi in early 2018. The company is currently in the preliminary stages of exploration for this venture and feels very optimistic.
“Without the people of Tehachapi and the residents of the community that choose Race over other providers for their internet, phone and TV needs, this expansion would not be possible,” says Raul Alcaraz, CEO of Race Communications. “This venture relies on several factors, but we are hoping to find the right space and the right people for our expansion in the very community that has allowed us to be successful.”
Race Communications will host their first of several Job Fairs on Saturday, November 18th from 12pm – 4pm at the Stallion Springs Community Services District – 27800 Stallion Springs Drive, Stallion Springs CA 93561. There will also be a second Job Fair in December. Race Communications would like to thank the residents of Tehachapi for their support and for making the company’s success possible. Stay tuned for more information on the upcoming career days by following Race on Facebook or LinkedIn.
Race Communications rolled into town in the new Race “GIGA-MOBILE” for the annual “Phelan Phamily Phun Days” in Phelan, CA. The event included a carnival, bands, performances and a number of vendor booths. Race team members participated alongside 20-25 other vendors, which included The Pizza Factory, Maui Wowi, CERT, The Desert Keepers, Metro PCS and more.
We had a BLAST and plan on attending many more events in the Phelan area during our “Gigafy Phelan” Fiber Internet Project. If you’d like to stay up to date with Race events and construction please fill out our Inquiry Form.
Race will also be making a huge announcement at our upcoming town hall meeting, so mark your calendars!
Race “Gigafy Phelan” Town Hall Meeting
Friday November, 17th from 6-8pm at the Piñon Mesa Middle School Auditorium
9298 Sheep Creek Rd, Phelan, CA 92371
Don’t miss out on all the NFL action this season! Not only does the Race TV Lineup include ESPN and the NFL Network but with Race Internet’s lightening fast speeds you could also stream NFL games with no interruption! This 2017 NFL Season will be broadcasted on FOX, CBS, NBC, NFL Network and ESPN. For […]